Content Management Systems (CMS)
The greatest advantage of using a CMS
What is CMS? Content Management Systems are defines as software designed to simplify the publication and editing of Web content. CMS simply enables content creators to submit content without requiring the knowledge of HTML coding or the uploading of files. A CMS is most commonly used in establishing a presence on the Web. CMS software keeps track of all of the content on a Web site. This Content can include simple text, photos, music, video, and documents. The greatest advantage of using a CMS is that it virtually requires little skill or knowledge to manage a website.
Here are The Top 10 Content Management Systems to Help you Maintain your Website with Ease:
1. Joomla: The system includes features such as page caching to improve performance, printable versions of pages, RSS feeds, news flashes, blogs, polls, website searching, and language internationalization.
Joomla! is used to power all different types of Web sites including corporate intranets, online magazines, newspapers and publications, as well as e-commerce, and government applications. Non-commercial usage is also popular. Key features include: completely database driven site engines,News, products, or services sections fully editable and manageable, topics sections can be added to by contributing Authors, fully customizable layouts including left, center, and right Menu boxes, browser upload of images to your own library for use anywhere in the site, and dynamic forum / poll / Voting booth for on-the-spot results.
2. WordPress: Not just used for blogging anymore, WordPress is an Open Source project, which means there are hundreds of people all over the world working on it. It is free to use for anything from your catâ€™s home page to a Fortune 500 web site without paying anyone a license fee or design price.
3. Drupal Platform: Drupal is a free and open-source platform and content management system written in PHP for building dynamic web sites offering a broad range of features and services including user administration, publishing workflow, discussion capabilities, news aggregation, metadata functionalities using controlled vocabularies and XML publishing for content sharing purposes.
Equipped with a powerful blend of features and configurability, Drupal can support a diverse range of web projects ranging from personal weblogs to large community-driven sites.
This software can be used for community web portals, discussion sites, corporate web sites, personal web sites or blogs, E-commerce applications, resource directories, and social networking websites.
4. CMS Made Simple: CMS Made Simple is an easy-to-use content management system (CMS) for simple, stable content sites. It is used all over the world for simple websites, as well as more complex corporate applications.
It provides a fast and easy way to create a web site and manage its contents. Unlike many other CMS packages, it is not overly complex, and the software is not just for blogs. The software provides the ability to manage news articles, search functionality a contact form, a WYSIWYG editor (for your customers or editors) and numerous other built in functions. Additionally, there are hundreds of third party add-on tools that are quickly and easily installable to allow building websites with many different capabilities.
5. dotCMS– include features you might expect in a complete CMS, including true separation of content and design, ease of editing, page caching, advanced templating, this software also includes many features you might not expect such as a Web2.0 calendar and events management, e-communications tools and more. This is truly CMS at its best.
dotCMS is fully supported and has been deployed by thousands of companies, news organizations, Web 2.0 sites, universities, associations and foundations.
6. miaCMS: Lets you build powerful and standards-compliant Web sites in a matter of minutes. It features simple installation, graphical content editors (with automatic code generation), RSS content syndication, an extension system, flexible site theming capabilities, site searching, user management, and multilingual support.
7. Mambo: This sofware can be used for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications. It is used to power government portals, corporate intranets and extranets, ecommerce sites, nonprofit, schools, church, and community sites. The great features of this software include: easy to install, hundreds of extensions, plugins and add-on products, simple for non-technical users to create and update content through an intuitive, web browser-based editor, fully localised with language management, and customizable.
8. Textpattern: Designed to help overcome the hurdles in publishing online, and to simplify the production of well-structured, standards-compliant web pages. The features of this CMS is endless, but here a few; Unlimited site sections, integrated link management system with unlimited article, link, file and image categories, browser-based file and image upload & organization, fast intuitive editing of articles, links, comments, page elements Posting, editing & design privileges hierarchy, unlimited site authors, browser-based plugin installation and maintenance, import content from other content management system, and built-in search engine.
9. Pluck: This CMS focuses on user friendliness and enables non-technical people to manage a website. Key features include: create an unlimited amount of pages, Insert images in pages, create your own blog, create an album to show images or photos to your visitors, keep in touch with visitors by including email forms on pages, and the ability to change site information, for better results with search engines
10. Frog CMS: This program is known as CMS Simplified. Some of the great features include: unlimited hierarchically structured page navigation menu, drag and drop page ordering, flexible page content (body, sidebar, extended, summary), per page layout customization, simple and reusable content snippets, password protected administration, Simple user and permission management, and much more.